.

.

.

.




Blogarama - The Blog Directory


GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

April 23, 2023

Five Years Later...

I'm really not sure if any of my former readers will see this. If so, thank you for taking a moment to read this message. If you happened to stumble upon my blog, hello and welcome! 

As you can probably tell I no longer post to this blog. I used to blog under the names "Life as we know it by Paula" and "Sincerely, Paula". I came here today to delete this blog, but since there are some wonderful things here that I shared in the past (crafts, DIY, recipes, family and my former popular "Friday Blog Party") are keeping the traffic flowing over here, therefore I'm going to keep this blog open. (I will not be updating anything on this blog including links etc. But if you'd like to follow my new venture keep reading!).

For my former readers I wanted to post a little explanation as to what went wrong, and to update on how life is now for me. Last you all knew I was a married mother of three with a fourth on the way. These days look a lot different for me. And most definitely for the best. 

Through my blog I probably looked like I had a great life. This was not completely true. I used to joke with my friends that I loved everything about my life, except my husband. Obviously this is nothing to joke about, but my marriage was emotionally, occasionally physically, and financially abusive.

My marriage lasted for 14 years. Yes, there were some good moments, but the bad moments made me feel stuck. I was a SAHM. I hadn't worked in many years when I finally filed for divorce. I wasn't emotionally in a place where I could go out and go back to work. I was dealing with anxiety and depression. I was scared of what was going to happen in all aspects of my life, and I was completely overwhelmed.

This is when I abandoned my blog. I have always love writing, and connecting with so many wonderful people through my blog, but I couldn't handle it anymore. After years of feeling this way I finally had a glimmer of hope come my way.

I found a new passion that I'm excited to share...photography! This is something I have always loved, but never knew how to make happen. Now that I have emerged on the other side of trauma and tragedy, I have found my true self and what I was meant to do.

For the past couple years I have gone through tremendous change. I purchased my DSLR camera and practiced, practiced, practiced. I have recently put myself out there offering paid sessions for clients. I also plan to sell digital copies of my landscape photos. I have my new website ready, and have transferred all my social media accounts to my new business name... Paula Jean Imagery.

Life is looking much better than it has for a long time. I'm happy and hopeful, and looking forward to my future. 

Thank you so much to whomever took the time to read this message. Putting my truth out there has been a long time coming, and I am now finally free.

If you're interested in my photography journey check My Linktr.ee where there are links to my website and socials. I would appreciate any support you could give me to help make my dream a reality! 


Thanks to All, 

Paula

Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for the actionable advice that I can apply to my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sincerity and passion evident in your writing.

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.